Out this tour package give you the opportunity to stay with local families. Kanjirappally where your host will take you on a walk through the rubber plantations, coffee, and pepper plantations, Thekkady visit Local spice plantation and enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar wildlife park, spend a night on a houseboat, take a canoe ride on backwaters and watch the local fisherman cast their nets.
Highlights of Tour
- Enjoy the backwater cruise in Alleppey
- Visit Local spice Plantation
- Enjoy Canoe ride
- Enjoy Keralan Food
- Boat ride at Periyar Lake
Day 1: Arrive Kochi to Kanjirappally
Upon arrival in Kochi, you will be met and transferred to Kanjirappally. The drive to Kanjirappally will take approximately 2-3 hours (105km).
Kanjirappally is a town famous for rubber plantations. After you have checked in to your homestay accommodation, your host will take you on a walk through the rubber plantations. Whilst there you will also see coffee and pepper plantations. Learn about the various stages processing sap into rubber and see the coffee beans being picked.
This evening you will have the opportunity to sample a traditional Keralan meal with your hosts.
Day 2: Kanjirappally to Thekkady
This morning travel for approximately 2 hours (90km) to Thekkady where Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and your homestay accommodation are located. Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary is southern India’s most popular wildlife sanctuary, Later this afternoon you will meet your local naturalist in the hotel lobby and proceed for a visit to a local spice plantation along with enjoying an Elephant ride. Afterward, return to the hotel for time at leisure.
Day 3: Thekkady to Alleppey
This morning you will meet your local naturalist in the hotel lobby and proceed to enjoy a boat ride on Periyar Lake inside the park. After touring you will be transferred to your hotel for breakfast.
Later transfer to Alleppey to board your overnight houseboat, the drive will take approximately 3-4 hours (155km). While cruising to Alleppey we will witness the village life around the backwaters and enjoy authentic Keralan cuisine for lunch and dinner.
Day 4: Alleppey to Cherthala
After breakfast, disembark your houseboat in Alleppey and transfer for 1 hour (30km) to Cherthala, a small coastal town, surrounded by coconut trees and the center of the coir industry.
This afternoon take a canoe ride through the narrow canals of the backwaters of Kerala and watch the local fisherman cast their nets.
Day 5: Cherthala
Today you will take a bicycle ride to the nearby villages this morning. Whilst there you will witness the local village life and observe their day to day activities. You also have the option of fishing in the farm canals with the local fishermen.
Today Afternoon we will see the art of toddy tapping, Where a Local tapper climbs on the top of a coconut tree to collect the liquid which is turned into coconut palm wine.
Day 6: Cherthala to Kochi
Morning breakfast and check-out from your stay and you will be transferred to Kochi airport to board a flight for the home country. From the city of Cherthala to Kochi airport by the driver will take approximately 2 hours (70km).
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing at the hotels mentioned above or similar.
- 01 nights’ accommodation on twin/double sharing at AC Houseboats
- Meal Plan will on a Breakfast basis except in Alleppey Houseboat on Full Board ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner(
- All transfers, tours, and excursion as per itinerary using air-conditioned AC Vehicle
- Local English Speaking Guide as per the tour plan
- Spice Plantation visit
- Enjoy Canoe Ride
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, and service tax.
Cost does not include:
- Any airfare (International or domestic).
- Passport and Visa fees for India.
- Any Lunch / Dinner is not Include
- Any Monument Entrances ( Tickets)
- Any meals OR options not mentioned in the itinerary/cost inclusion.
- Any item of personal nature and Gratuities.
- Any insurance.
- Additional nights for participants, which are offered at additional cost to individual participants.
- All personal expenses such as medical expenses, laundry, drinks, telephone and fax services, and all other services not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary.