Start your Journey from South India state Kerala – God Own Country discover the colonial past in Cochin, spend the night on a boat, and relax in the beautiful surroundings of the Backwaters Enjoy the Kathakali Dance show, visit Kumarakom where take a tour to local rubber, coffee and pepper plantations and enjoy lunch with a local family, Eravikulam National Park, Cherthala town which is a main coir production place in Kerala, relax on the beach of Mararikulam.
Highlights of Tour
- Visit Famous St Francis Church & Jewish Synagogue
- Enjoy Kathakali Dance Show
- Tour to traditional fishing techniques Kumbalangi Integrated Tourism Village
- Explore Eravikulam National Park
- Visit coir production place in Kerala
Day 1: Arrive Kochi
Upon arrival in Kochi, to be welcomed by your English speaking representative and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Kochi
This morning breakfast at the hotel, later begin a sightseeing tour around Kochi, beginning with the Dutch Fort and St. Francis Church,
The next stop is the Santa Cruz Basilica and from here you can view the unique cantilevered Chinese fishing nets, the only place outside China where they are used. Keralan people known as Cheenavala, they are used for a unique and unusual method of fishing and many fishermen earn a living by using these massive nets. Continuing your tour of the city, visit the Jewish Synagogue in the heart of the Jewish Quarter.
In the evening enjoy the Kathakali Dance performance in a local theatre.
Day 3: Kochi to Munnar
Drive approximately 4-5 hours (130kms) to Munnar
Day 4: Munnar
This morning travel to Mattupetty Dam located 13kms from Munnar town where we will enjoy an easy walk around the lakeside areas. Later visit Eravikulam National Park, which is located in the Idukki district.
Day 5: Munnar to Kumarakom
Depart early from your hotel and drive 1-2 hours (80km) to Kothamangalam town. Here you will tour local rubber, coffee, and pepper plantations and enjoy lunch with a local family before driving another 2 hours (76km) to Kumarakom, located in the Kerala backwaters region.
Upon arrival proceed to your hotel, located on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, and check-in.
Day 6: Kumarakom – Backwater Cruising
This morning after check-out, visit the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Enjoy a tour of the sanctuary on foot, home to many different species of birds such as the Siberian Stork, egret, darter, heron, and teal. Later, board your houseboat
While cruising to Alleppey Houseboat witness the village life around the backwaters of Kerala
Tonight you will enjoy dinner on-board and stay overnight on the houseboat.
Day 7: Alleppey to Mararikulam
After breakfast disembarks at Alleppey. Drive 30-40 minutes (15km) to Mararikulam and upon arrival check into your beachside hotel.
The remainder of the day is free at your leisure to relax by the swimming pool or at the beach.
Day 8: Mararikulam
Tour and learn about traditional fishing techniques Kumbalangi Integrated Tourism Village, situated on a small island near the Kerala backwaters region. Later we will see traditional craft demonstrations prior to explore Cherthala town which is a main coir production place in Kerala.
Learn about coir weaving before returning to the hotel, where the afternoon is free to enjoy at your leisure.
Day 9: Mararikulam – Depart Kochi
After check-out drive 1 hour (42km) and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant in Kochi before continuing to the airport for your flight to home
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing at the hotels mentioned above or similar.
- 01 nights’ accommodation on twin/double sharing at AC Houseboats
- Meal Plan on Breakfast at Hotels except in Alleppey Houseboat on Full Board
- All transfers, tours and excursion as per itinerary using air-conditioned AC Vehicle
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Kathakali Dance Show
- All taxes, tolls, parking fees, and service tax.
Cost does not include:
- Any airfare (International or domestic).
- Passport and Visa fees for India.
- Any Lunch / Dinner is not Include
- Any Monument Entrances ( Tickets)
- Any meals OR options not mentioned in the itinerary/cost inclusion.
- Any item of personal nature and Gratuities.
- Any insurance.
- Additional nights for participants, which are offered at additional cost to individual participants.
- All personal expenses such as medical expenses, laundry, drinks, telephone and fax services, and all other services not specifically mentioned as included in the itinerary.